I hope you are looking forward to UEG Week Virtual 2021 as much as my colleagues and I in the UEG office!
I am excited to give you a preview of our virtual members area – this year, we created a hall entrance for National Member Societies.
We ask you to act as ambassadors of UEG, spread the word, and encourage your members and colleagues to attend UEG Week Virtual 2021. Please inform them that they can take advantage of reduced fees for certain groups, such as attendees from low-income countries, junior specialists, and allied health professionals.
In addition to the extensive scientific programme (which you can filter as usual, e.g. using the Pathways Tool), I would like to highlight some sessions that might be of particular interest to those close to UEG:
- UEG Week Premiere (Sat, Oct 2): The very first live broadcast from our TV Studio! Get to know our professional moderator and be part of the official opening.
- Opening Session (Sun, Oct 3): The official start of the scientific programme. It will include state-of-the-art lectures given by invited experts and allow delegates the opportunity to ask questions.
- Tonight shows (Sun & Mon): Enjoy discussions with key UEG players, as well as their recommendations or “gut feelings” on the highlights of the day.
- UEG Week Digested (Mon & Tue): A concise and upbeat overview of what happened during the previous day.
- myUEG Community programme (Sun – Tue): Thought-provoking exchanges with experts and inspiring interactions with peers. One of these sessions is Her recipe for success: A discussion with UEG’s next President. We especially invite our members and their national community to discuss with Helena Cortez Pinto what you think should be on UEG’s strategic plan in the next years.